Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

want the taskbar to show only applications associated with the current workspace

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want the taskbar to show only applications associated with the current workspace

I found some solutions for previous versions, but I haven't found anything for 12.04. I am becoming happier and happier with this distro, but this is a problem for me because I have many apps open - workspace for each different activity - and it gets really messy down there.

Since Ubuntu went off the rails back there, I've been searching for a replacement for my 10.04. I've tried Mint, #!, Xubuntu, Open Solaris...
    This is first one I've felt I could make a home in.

There has to be a fix for this little glitch.

I found some solutions for previous versions, but I haven't found anything for 12.04. I am becoming happier and happier with this distro, but this is a problem for me because I have many apps open - workspace for each different activity - and it gets really messy down there.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 28, 2013, 04:21 PM. Reason: Duplicate question/post

right click a blank space on the taskbar>click task manager settings>click only show tasks from curent screen.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

see hear ...... http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...rent-workspace

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Another option would be to create more desktops and use a fresh desktop for each project. I am currently stuck using a Win 7 OS and do not have access to my Kubuntu, so I cannot precisely tell you where to find the place to increase the number of your desktops, but it is in the System Settings folder. Sorry I cannot help you more.
        Originally posted by vinnywright View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
          Another option would be to create more desktops and use a fresh desktop for each project. I am currently stuck using a Win 7 OS and do not have access to my Kubuntu, so I cannot precisely tell you where to find the place to increase the number of your desktops, but it is in the System Settings folder. Sorry I cannot help you more.
          Sorry Vinny, I did not realize I was in your reply.

Comment

Thanks for you help, all. I had found the solution suggested but had so many applications open that I couldn't find a free spot on the taskbar.

Stupid. I know I know I know. Sigh...

Once I'd cleared some room, I managed to get the setting I wanted.

Now how to mark this solved.

Comment

Click on Thread Tools > Mark this thread as solved...
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X