X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xrdp KDE crash

Hello,
    After using kubuntu 12.10 for a couple of weeks I installed the beta of 13.04 and yesterday I made a clean install of the final version of 13.04.
    I have used xrdp with 12.10 and I was able to connect to my kubuntu PC from windows 8 (and 7) without any troubles. Unfortunately i have a serious problem with xrdp on 13.04 (final and beta). When I make the connection the authentication was performed and when the KDE is loaded every time I receive "segmentation fault" crash message. The KDE is working but I can't press any button except the K on the panel. For example I can open K menu launch a program but when I try to close the window the buttons for close or minimize are not responding. Everything else is working fine.

Is there a solution for this issue?

Thank you.

You might try, "sudo dpkg --configure -a" minus the quotes in a konsole. That fixes broken packages.

Comment

Thank you, but unfortunately the problem still exists. I think that the package is OK. I made a clean install of the latest Kubuntu (32 bit) and xrdp on a laptop and the problem is the same. Every time i connect to the kubuntu from windows or rdesktop the KDE crashesh and only the buttons are not working.

Comment

I found a workaround that works for me for this issue. Connecting over RDP from a RedHat machine using Remmina. After log in when the daemon crashes, right click and close the crash alert from the task bar, then press Alt+Shift+F12 (which is default on my system for switching between compositing On and Off, this then enabled me to use the buttons and features normally. As a test I turned compositing back on and had a rather difficult time getting it to read my keystrokes and get it back off, but did manage to after some clicking around to different areas of the screen, as always YMMV, but all is working normally for me now.

Edit: Functionality is not stable, at times the window button works, at others they stop and the window just wants to move, but most functionality such as using a web browser or items inside of applications remains working. Will try when I get home on the LAN to see if the issue is with the VNC or xrdp portion.

Comment

Working...
        X