This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty creating konsole short cut

Hi I originally tried to move across to Linux last summer, but had great problems getting my screens set up properly. Anyway after trying various versions of Mint Maya, Mint Nadia, Ubuntu 13.04 and OpenSuse 12.3 KDE, I've finally plumped for Kubuntu 13.04. It seems the most stable in terms of Graphics. Much appreciation to all the people who have made this build happen. I'm using Monday Morning 21st April Daily Build.

I've downloaded and extracted Scala and set the path in my .bashrc file. If I open a Konsole enter scala, the Scala console opens as it should. I'm trying to create a short-cut that will take me straight into the Scala console. Using the command:

konsole --noclose -e scala

gives:

Warning: Could not find 'scala', starting '/bin/bash' instead. Please check your profile settings.

followed by the prompt. I also tried

konsole --noclose -e echo "Hello World"

but that echos "Hello World but doesn't show a prompt

Right click on the blue K. Select Edit Applications. this will take you into the KDE Menu Editor. Click on a category E.g. Development and then click on New Item. Enter a program name (scala) and enter scala in the command line field. Click on the advanced tab and check "run in console" button. Click on the save button (top left) and your short cut will be saved to the menu.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
    X