This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links to websites from Thunderbird

So. I've just started using Kubuntu. All very good so far except for one thing. I've installed Thunderbird (couldn't configure my email properly with Kmail) but can't get it to link with rekonq to link to a web site. With other O/S's I've used Firefox or Chrome as my browser and there is a box in it which says "use Firefox/Chrome as default". Thunderbird uses the default, so no probs with your colleagues at Ubuntu. But I can't find such a setting in rekonq. How, therefore, do I get Thunderbird to go to an address sent to me in an email? Forget rekonq and use Fiurefox or Chrome? Otherwise Kubuntu seems good - might even switch to it permanently if I can solve these niggles.

Welcome to KFN.

See Setting the browser that opens in Thunderbird - Linux
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

KMenu>Settings>System Settings>Workspace Appearance and Behavior>Default Applications>Web Browser tab>[type in the browser you want used as 'Default']

I am not sure this will fix your problem, however, if reconq or any other browser is named in that box, the one named is the default. It seems logical that System Settings controlling KDE, it's default applications should identify defaults with 3rd party aps. Hope it works for you, it sure can't harm anything.

Comment

Working...
      X