Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the deal seams to be that something you have installed thrugh a non standard repo that you added has left you with a un-upgradeable system do to
    Code:
    dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 19919 package 'zsnes':
     mixed non-coinstallable and coinstallable package instances present
    you may be able to track down the offending packages with muon ,by using the "filter by origin" filter and removing them !!

in other words remove/purge whatever you added just before this problem occurred and remove/disable the non standard repo that thay came from .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      the deal seams to be that something you have installed thrugh a non standard repo that you added has left you with a un-upgradeable system do to
      Code:
      dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 19919 package 'zsnes':
       mixed non-coinstallable and coinstallable package instances present
      you may be able to track down the offending packages with muon ,by using the "filter by origin" filter and removing them !!

in other words remove/purge whatever you added just before this problem occurred and remove/disable the non standard repo that thay came from .

VINNY
      I have to second this. I have seen the xorg-edgers ppa do this exact thing before, one of the packages' deps cause conflicts that made installing ia-32 library packages impossible, and apt gets stuck trying to install previously selected software that it can't.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        I have to second this. I have seen the xorg-edgers ppa do this exact thing before, one of the packages' deps cause conflicts that made installing ia-32 library packages impossible, and apt gets stuck trying to install previously selected software that it can't.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
        yup ,,,,first time I got stuck with this kind of prob it was xorg-edgers ,,,, ATM my 12.04 install is in a un distribution upgradeable
        (12.04>12.10)situation becouse of non standard x-repo and kernel .....it is not however stuck in a non update/upgradeable situation

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X