X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons very very big

Hi.

I have my desktop as folder view. Today I turned on my laptop and I got the capture you can see here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	instantánea3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	647958

The white right part is empty and if you do right click nothing happens.

I changed to desktop view and I put a folder like widget and I get this thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	instantánea2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	647959

Can someone help me to fix this? Thanks.
    Last edited by bunsonis; Apr 09, 2013, 03:23 PM. Reason: more information.

I don't use icons on the desktop so I can't check this out but it looks like a theme issue.

Go to System Settings and type icon in the search bar, one item will show up (hard to translate), click it and go to icons.
    Under the Advanced tab you can select the pixel size of the icons.

Comment

Thanks but it's not that. This sould be a widget where you can see files, but intead, you see this big and ugly icon.

Comment

Hi.

I found out that the file I have to modify is:
        /home/ubu-odin/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc

But I don't know which part I have to modify. If you remove that file an copy the liveCD one, you can get a kubuntu default desktop.
        Last edited by bunsonis; Apr 10, 2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

To easily see where the two files differ install Kompare. You can easily see the files side by side and the differences are highlighted.

I don't know which part of your existing file you need to change though.
          Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
          Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

So you mean you've managed to get your normal desktop back?
            Good investigating!
            Now all that's left is to mark the original post as SOLVED.

Comment

Well, more ore less. Thanks to both of you. I going to install kompare.

Yes, I could restore the "standard desktop" now I have to see which parts of my customized desktop I can get back.

Comment

Working...
              X