Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon HD 7850 How do I set up dual monitors where both can be use same mouse?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radeon HD 7850 How do I set up dual monitors where both can be use same mouse?

Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.9.5

I just built a new computer. AMD 8 core with 16gb 1800 RAM. New Video Card is XFX Radeon HD 7850 with 2gb DDR5 256 bit. When I boot up, both monitors show as clone. The mouse moves on both screens at the same time. Any work I do is done on one screen and duplicated on the second screen at the same time.

My previous build was Nvidia and both screens were independent using 'TwinView'. Can I accomplish the same situation using my new video card with the new system?

I don't 'do' AMD so I can't be of specific help but it's just a matter of finding the right button to click in the Radion setup, similar to how you did via nVidia Settings.
    Look for the Catalyst Control Center.
    The other option is to go through System Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      I don't 'do' AMD so I can't be of specific help but it's just a matter of finding the right button to click in the Radion setup, similar to how you did via nVidia Settings.
      Look for the Catalyst Control Center.
      The other option is to go through System Settings.
      *Thanks, I found the solution in System Settings, a matter of setting the position for each monitor.

Comment

Working...
      X