This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 12.10- Digital Clock won't keep correct time

kubuntu 12.10 – My Desktop Digital Clock won't keep correct time.
    Despite the Time Zone being set correctly (& never changes), frequently the clock changes to an incorrect time. Tried Set date & time automatically, Setting Time server – all act the same!
    cmos time is always correct!. Can this be corrected somehow in kubuntu?

I have a similar problem. Controlling the setting in System Settings, department System settings, Chapter Date and Time, and choosing London, I get the information, that I now have BST (British Summer Time), which is correct. but down left in the Control list, it is still one hour behind, showing GMT.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

I am not having this issue with 12.04 but I wonder if this could be some kind of programming error with the Day Light Savings Time? Something I am firmly NOT in favor and do not follow. The original method is to turn the clock ahead 1 hour the first Sunday in April and back 1 hour the last hour in October. But they have made a mess of even that out dated system. My advice is to look for a DLST switch, the 12.04 Digital Clock doesn't seem to have one. Since this occurred right after the old screw up our clocks area I would look over all areas that would contain such a switch.

Comment

Lets hope somebody will know how to correct this - have not had a problem like this before - some gremlin got in to disturb the s---t! How come yiu're from Scotland & living (or visiting?) London?

Comment

rite click the clock in the panel ,,,,click digital clock settings,,,,,,click time zones ,,,,,,uncheck any that you do not use / or all of them to have it default to system settings time .

if you do have some other time zones checked the clock will change through them on a mouse wheel event.

their is a recent thread on this some where around hear ,, a search may have found it

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpalot View Post
            How come yiu're from Scotland & living (or visiting?) London?
            Did I say that I am living or visiting the Sassenachs? Unfortunately the people who compiled the list have not yet recognised that the capital of the Country of Scotland is Edinburgh. And of course, we are not yet independant, still an English possession. Long Live Free Scotland!!!
            Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
            I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Found this from another Thread in this Forum:
              It may help others with this problem.
              Code:
              Digital Clock Settings
              Usage:
               hwclock [function] [option...]

Functions:
               -h, --help           show this help text and exit
               -r, --show           read hardware clock and print result
                   --set            set the RTC to the time given with --date
               -s, --hctosys        set the system time from the hardware clock
               -w, --systohc        set the hardware clock from the current system time
                   --systz          set the system time based on the current timezone
                   --adjust         adjust the RTC to account for systematic drift since
                                      the clock was last set or adjusted
                   --getepoch       print out the kernel's hardware clock epoch value
                   --setepoch       set the kernel's hardware clock epoch value to the 
                                      value given with --epoch
                   --predict        predict RTC reading at time given with --date
               -V, --version        display version information and exit

Options:
               -u, --utc            the hardware clock is kept in UTC
                   --localtime      the hardware clock is kept in local time
               -f, --rtc <file>     special /dev/... file to use instead of default
                   --directisa      access the ISA bus directly instead of /dev/rtc
                   --badyear        ignore RTC's year because the BIOS is broken
                   --date <time>    specifies the time to which to set the hardware clock
                   --epoch <year>   specifies the year which is the beginning of the
                                      hardware clock's epoch value
                   --noadjfile      do not access /etc/adjtime; this requires the use of
                                      either --utc or --localtime
                   --adjfile <file> specifies the path to the adjust file;
                                      the default is /etc/adjtime
                   --test           do not update anything, just show what would happen
               -D, --debug          debugging mode
              Solved my problem!
              Thanks guys for your patient help!

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                Did I say that I am living or visiting the Sassenachs? Unfortunately the people who compiled the list have not yet recognised that the capital of the Country of Scotland is Edinburgh. And of course, we are not yet independant, still an English possession. Long Live Free Scotland!!!
                LoL
                Rose: If you are an alien, how come you sound like you're from the north?
                The Doctor: Lots of planets have a north!

This may be also be an issue if you are getting your time updated from a server with the incorrect time to begin with. Good Luck with it!

Comment

Working...
                X