• Show
Clear All

Ubuntu 12.10 Internal Error

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ubuntu_Internal_Error.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	647951
    I've had this problem several times, rebooted & after about 2 or 3 hrs this same message appears.
    Have already sent an error report (have no idea where it was sent to!).
    Any suggestions??

I've gotten this on 12.04 'on occasion' (but not in quite awhile). Not sure what caused/causes it, but there was no apparent ill effects with my system.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What's behind the Show Details button?

Comment

Not sure - will advise when it happens again.

Comment

Show Details is inactive - no response!!

Comment

Well, next step would be to see if there's anything interesting in /var/log/syslog next time.

Comment

Hello i have the same problem (Kubuntu 12.04 LTS). When i boot on Kubuntu display the following message :

Show Details :

Comment

Unfortunately, most of the interesting information in the Apport window isn't visible because it's too narrow. Next time, expand the width of the window before capturing an image of it.

Comment

Sorry about that -next time I will make sure all info is captured.

Comment

Have finally obtained details of this error which has suddenly appeared today. The only way this info can be shown here is by the following screenshot:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ubuntu_Internal_Error1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	640315

Comment

The info in that screen shot shows you were running VLC. Does this happen every time you run that program?

Comment

Weird - I received a reply to this thread via email fom SteveRiley stating "The info in that screen shot shows you were running VLC. Does this happen every time you run that program?" - cannot see this previously!!
                        My answer - Yes I ran it once - but only the day of the previous Post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpalot View Post
                          Weird - I received a reply to this thread via email fom SteveRiley stating "The info in that screen shot shows you were running VLC. Does this happen every time you run that program?" - cannot see this previously!!
                          Have you chnaged your forum options to automatically subscribe to any thread you start or add a post to? Personally, I find that very convenient, so it's my default.

Originally posted by Bumpalot View Post
                          My answer - Yes I ran it once - but only the day of the previous Post.
                          Run it again, see if you can duplicate the crash.

Comment

Did run again - no problem occurred! It my happen every day or 2 - maybe a week.
                            Last edited by Bumpalot; Apr 21, 2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Problem Solved - I updated to 134,04! Thanks for your help!!.

Comment

Working...
                              X