Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to go to the start menu -> System -> Konsole. That will launch Konsole. Copy each line and paste it into Konsole and press enter. You have to do this for three lines.

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      More than likely, your old monitor will be limited to 1280x1024 at 75hz. This was the most popular VGA resolution back-in-the-day.
      Hmm, better quality monitors would do better than the "most popular", and given that the OP really likes his CRT, maybe it's a good one. I had a "19 inch" Viewsonic Trinitron that did 1600x1200 at a decent refresh rate, 75 Hz IIRC. Marvellous for editing code in small fonts. Bought last century, died only a few years ago.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Manual says maximum resolution is 1600 x 1200 non-interlaced at 75 hz. I cannot read text when it's that small. Best it can do at 1280 x 1024 is at 85 hz. Manual has a section on timing that says " Synchronizing input signals (separate, composite) can be automatically selected". I honestly have no idea what that means. I do believe that interlaced is not an option at any resolution/frequency, because there is a statement in the manual that says:
        19", 0.25 dot pitch resolution, non-interlaced technology provides sharp, flicker-free images.
        This monitor is capable of far more than I will ever be able to figure out.

Comment

1280 x 1024 is at 85 hz is good. Did you manage to make the monitor work under Kubuntu?

Michel

Comment

Nope. Maximum resolution so far is 1024 x 768. I cannot live with that. The instructions for manually adding a resolution just above are specific for an interlaced monitor. If some kind soul would modify them for non-interlaced, I'd be happy to try to do it through code.

I do have access to all sorts of specifications in the manual.

Forgot to say that I added a new MSI NVidia Geforce 610 GT video card.

Comment

There is a web page that will generate a modeline for you if you plug in the relevant values: http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl
              sigpic
              "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
              -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Code:
                $ cvt 1280 1024 85

# 1280x1024 84.84 Hz (CVT 1.31M4) hsync: 91.46 kHz; pclk: 159.50 MHz
                Modeline "1280x1024_85.00"  159.50  1280 1376 1512 1744  1024 1027 1034 1078 -hsync +vsync
                Does this work?

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                X