This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Recorders, I need help.

Hi, so I have tried: Kazam, vokoscreen, recordmydesktop , in neither of those i can get to: record on full screen, record with sound (except with kazam, wich recorded sound, but terribly it was like ,slowed down or something. And I don't know what libx264 really is (beside a librarie ->idk if that's right)
    but on OpenShot this lib has been requested to export video file type , and also, on Vokoscreen there is the option to record using mpeg4 or either libx264 codec. Now , it won't let me use libx264 to record, only mpeg4 (and when doing so , not in full screen or with sound )

I know there is people here spending their time to help others, so I really apreciate your time spent on me ^^ My experience with kubuntu has been great so far, but now I want to record some Amnesia gameplay ^^

My System: Kubuntu 12.10 ( Linux 3.5.0-25-generic ) -> 64 bits

CPU: AMD A4 3400 APU with Raedon HD graphics -> AMD Raedon HD 6570

KDE version: 4.9.5

I would post the terminal log entry for vokoscreen but it says I can not post link because I have less than 5 posts.

well libx264 is the lib for HD play back/recording .....to use it you nead the libx264-123 from the universe repo and or libavcodec-extra-53 from medibuntu repo.

as for screen capture I like ffmpeg (comand line) and something like this
    Code:
    ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse -f x11grab -s 1366x768 -r 25 -i :0.0 -vcodec ffv1 filename.avi
    but some say that dose not work for them YMMV

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

OH MY LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As English Pewdiepie's accent would say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to medibuntu, did not find libx264, did find libavcodec-extra-53, downloaded it , but could not install it, some red message saying error: blah blah blah (it was in spanish, and I don't feel like translating everything ^^) So i went to synaptic, first looked up for libx264 , turns out it was installed ! But under this lib , I see libavcodec extra 53 ! was not installed, so I did install it , and voa la ,or whatever now i can record udner the libx264 codecs OMG IM SO HAPPY I CAN RECORD AUDIO !!!!!!!!!!! But not full screen.......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help , IM SO HAPPY THOUGH I WANNA HUG EVERYONE

Comment

what were you using to do the screen capture ,,,,,,, perhaps I will install it and see what I see,,,,,,BUT it may be something to do with your GPU and video driver

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

I am currently using Vokoscreen. I can upload a video of a full screen record. But pretty much is this : A little black screen window is shown on the top left corner ^^ (audio works now) , so the only issue left is the full screen.

Comment

Originally posted by xSadoro View Post
            Hi, so I have tried: Kazam, vokoscreen, recordmydesktop , in neither of those i can get to: record on full screen, record with sound (except with kazam, wich recorded sound, but terribly it was like ,slowed down or something. And I don't know what libx264 really is (beside a librarie ->idk if that's right)
            but on OpenShot this lib has been requested to export video file type , and also, on Vokoscreen there is the option to record using mpeg4 or either libx264 codec. Now , it won't let me use libx264 to record, only mpeg4 (and when doing so , not in full screen or with sound )

I know there is people here spending their time to help others, so I really apreciate your time spent on me ^^ My experience with kubuntu has been great so far, but now I want to record some Amnesia gameplay ^^

My System: Kubuntu 12.10 ( Linux 3.5.0-25-generic ) -> 64 bits

CPU: AMD A4 3400 APU with Raedon HD graphics -> AMD Raedon HD 6570

KDE version: 4.9.5

I would post the terminal log entry for vokoscreen but it says I can not post link because I have less than 5 posts.
            Try VLC, or Rosa Media Player. Both do great screen captures.

Comment

Originally posted by xSadoro View Post
              I am currently using Vokoscreen. I can upload a video of a full screen record. But pretty much is this : A little black screen window is shown on the top left corner ^^ (audio works now) , so the only issue left is the full screen.
              I am not familiar with this vocoscreen what is it , where did you get it ?

you can or cant do a full screen screen capture ,,,,is it only a little window after you upload it to where ever your uploading it to ?

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

What I meant is this : I can show you what a record of a full screen looks like , (it does not full screen !) So, no it is not AFTER uploading a video , it is just the recorded avi file -> Default in Vokoscreen. And I don't think its the software problem, I have tried other apps and the same goes by ! No full screen recording I will upload a video to youtube to show you.

This is how you get Voko :

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:vokoscreen-dev/vokoscreen
                sudo apt-get update
                sudo apt-get install vokoscreen

Btw , you have to record a full screen OpenGL program ,like a game !

Comment

There's KDE front end for recordmydesktop called RecorditNow, it's in the repo's.
                  I have no experience with either.

Comment

Working...
                  X