This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radiotray

i have installed radiotray and it's working very good. the only thing i miss is the icon from radiotray i have a white-page icon instead?
    anyone with a sollution?

What version did you install?

Comment

Comment

Could you please install the latest version (0.7.3) and tell if the problem is solved?

Comment

How can i install the 0.7.3 version? The 0.7.2 version is the only one i see in synaptic.

Comment

Go to http://radiotray.sourceforge.net/ and select the Ubuntu package. Download it and then install from the .deb file.
            Last edited by geoaraujo; Feb 21, 2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Just done it, now i have version 0.7.3 but still not the right icon??

Comment

If you have closed and restarted the application and still doesn't have the proper icon in system tray, go to /usr/share/radiotray

and make sure your config.xml file looks like this:

<config>
                <option name="volume_increment" value="0.05"/>
                <option name="volume_level" value="1.0"/>
                <option name="url_timeout" value="100"/>
                <option name="enable_application_indicator_support" value="false"/>
                <!-- valid options are 'appindicator', 'systray' and 'chooser' -->
                <option name="gui_engine" value="chooser"/>
                <option name="active_plugins"><item>Notifications</item></option>
                <option name="buffer_size" value="164000"/>
                </config>

Comment

My config.xml looks exactly like that, but still no icon?
                  Also i have not a left-click option to choose the radiostations, on my sabayon-kde setup i can left-click the icon to choose the station and right-click for the options.
                  On my kubuntu setup everything is in the right-click?
                  Last edited by drum; Feb 22, 2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Well, sorry, I don't know then. It should work.
                    Maybe someone else in this forum uses radiotray too and can help you.
                    Anyway, I suggest you to fill a bug report at that site.
                    Good luck...

Comment

I just installed radiotray in Kubuntu 12.04 and can report I am able to duplicate the problem. I did a search and found the icon, radiotray.png in several different locations, and I copied the icon to the home/user/.local/share/radiotray folder thinking that might be where it is looking for the icon. I also edited the /user/share/applications/radiotray.desktop file to include the complete path to the icon. None of this worked. Still have the default white page icon. I also installed radiotray in my Linux Mint with the Mate DE and it works fine there, with the proper icon. I am sure this problem is solvable but it must be something in the KDE systemtray settings, but I don't know where to tell you to go from here.

Comment

When I first installed radiotray on Kubuntu (it was version 10.10) and radiotray was 0.6.9 (I think) I had that same issue, but it was fixed by following the instructions above. I'm out of ideas. I think you should fill a bug report since the author claims that version 0.7.3 fixes radiotray icon not appearing in some plataforms.
                        Last edited by geoaraujo; Feb 23, 2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

for me it is not such a big problem because it works, i can live with no radiotray-icon

Comment

Originally posted by drum View Post
                            for me it is not such a big problem because it works, i can live with no radiotray-icon
                            well the icon can be had ,,,,,,,,but I'm not shure whitch thing I did got it

I copied the icon from /usr/share/app-install/icons/ to /home/vinny/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/ and /home/vinny/.kde/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/ and now it's in the system tray insted of that white square with a question mark :cool:

VINNY
                            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                            16GB RAM
                            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I like this radiotray so much I installed it in 12.10 as well ,,,,,,,all I had to do to get the system-tray icon hear was to edit the /home/vinny/.local/share/radiotray/config.xml and change the one line to read as <option name="gui_engine" value="systray"/> all good @hear now and it uses the corect icon set ,,,grayed out for off blue when running bla bla ..... :cool:
                              ver 0.7.2 from muon ,,,,,O and the left click for radios rite click for settings is working as well.

just added some nice heavy metal streams from shoutcast ,,,,,,,,,sweeeeeet

VINNY
                              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                              16GB RAM
                              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                              X