This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the 'tabify' plugin for Kate?

I am new to Kubuntu, and am currently using 12.04 LTS. I've been using regular ubuntu for years, but the Unity-Gnome3 debacle finally drove me to find a new desktop. I'm loving KDE so far... it's just taking a bit of adjustment.

So my question for this post is: How can I enable tabs for each open document in Kate? I have looked about the intertubes and found that I should be able to do this with a plugin called "tabify"... however it's not installed with Kate by default and I don't see it in Repos. According to some old ubuntu forum posts the plugin was installed by default on earlier versions.. but I couldn't find anything about 12.04 in particular.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... the inability to open more than one document at a time in Kate is driving me bonkers.
    It's Ubuntastic!
    -Thinkpad T500- Custom build of KDE-Ubuntu 13.10 x64 & Windows 7 dual boot
    -Desktop- Ubuntu 12.04 & Win7 dual-boot AMD-FX6300 3.5GHz, Asrock 990FX Extreme4, 2GB VRAM Radeon HD7870, 8GB Ares 1600 Ram, Samsung EVO SSD, Momentus Hybrid HDD.

Welcome to KFN.

Launch Kate. Click on Settings > Configure Kate...
    Click on Plugins and scroll down the list and check Tab Bar and click Apply.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Just answered my own question *smacks head*. The Tab plugin is installed by default, but not enabled. When I was poking around for it earlier I looked under "extensions", but I just found out it is located in the "plugin" section.
      It's Ubuntastic!
      -Desktop- Ubuntu 12.04 & Win7 dual-boot AMD-FX6300 3.5GHz, Asrock 990FX Extreme4, 2GB VRAM Radeon HD7870, 8GB Ares 1600 Ram, Samsung EVO SSD, Momentus Hybrid HDD.

Comment

Thanks snow, looks like ya beat me to it
        It's Ubuntastic!

Comment

Humm hear on 12.10 KDE-4.10.00 this is the default behavior , not tabed but all files open in 1 window and you move betwen them with the back and fourd buttons ,,,,,,my 12.04 is up to KDE-4.10.00 as well so I am sure if I go to that install it will be the same .

VINNY

OOPS ,,, to slow
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

That's the 'normal' behavior of Kate, but if you desire to have them all 'visible', then you need to activate the Tab Bar plugin.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              That's the 'normal' behavior of Kate, but if you desire to have them all 'visible', then you need to activate the Tab Bar plugin.
              Hummm duly noted ,,,,must check it out myself.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
              X