X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change the logon screen in kde

Hello

Running latest Kubuntu 32bit with KDE 4.8.5 and when go to system settings and to change logon screen "theme" I try to get new theme and thats okay but they do not show in the window to select the new theme

If this has been explained before please can you put me in the right direction

thanks

Hello

last night had a search on the net it was pointed out that you are not allowed to change logon screen unless you are root user . . . . . . does this
    help or just misleading can not believe this has not been answered before in some sort of way

thanks again

Comment

Changing in root is usually the method, however, if you are running Kubuntu 12.10 (this is a great OS if you have a bit of memory), it is not necessary. My theme is "water-flame-" for my desktop. I wanted that for the login screen as well. So opening "System Settings>there is a small window entitled 'Background image:'. By clicking on that small window, you can add any image from your Pictures folder. If you don't have the image you want in that file, you will have to download the image and add it. Then when you click on the image, it will be entered into the Login Screen configuration. After you see your selected image in the small window, don't forget to click on the "Apply" button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

This works great on my PC, however it did not work on my laptop. I wish it did, I like it a lot. Fortune!

Comment

Working...
      X