X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications Icon Invisible In System Tray On Panel

Greetings,

I just got Kubuntu 12.04 all set up the way I want it, and now I have a goofy problem. The Notifications Icon is in my System Tray on the Panel, but I can't see it. I know it's there because I can click on it. I've tried creating a new panel, re-adding a new Task Manager, System Tray etc., and if I do the Notifications Icon appears until I logout or reboot, and then it's back to hidden again. . I've tried setting Notifications to "Always Visible" also, to no avail. Also, the Message Indicator icon no longer shows Kopete when I click on it. It no longer does anything except change colors to green when I get a message.

I want to fix this problem without deleting all of the Widgets in my Dashboard, that I have spent much time and effort to configure and place. These are minor hassles, I know. But dang I'd sure like things to work like they are supposed to.

Also, one more question if I may. I'm using I think KDE 4.8.5 which came with 12.04. Would I lose all my configuration settings if I upgraded to 4.10 via the Kubuntu Backports?

Thanks!

Well, I solved the Notification widget problem by upgrading to KDE 4.10. The Message Indicator still doesn't show Kopete though when I click on it, and I'm pretty sure it used to. I'll set this as solved for now, anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X