X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new guy

Hi to the community.
    I have not been doing Linux for long, but my limited experience might be of help to some, i have tried a fare few distro's to date and Kubuntu is my favourite, using 12.04 LTS version at the moment its ace, look forward to helping where i can.

Welcome to KFN
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

@shipwreck

Sure.

The same situation with me. I was playing around with slackware and suse ten years a go, and just couldn't manage to achieve desktop applications along with overall feel to work smooth with ease, quick as I could do that on Winxp, and that was nothing else but a difference between desktop and server type, back then. Now ... this very excellent distribution 12.10 is some sort of .. what can I say .. needle in a m$ heart. No, I think that I won't remove Windows7, as it is already configured and works well (but it is eating disk space like a hungry pig), also, it's the best that m$ ever did so far.. but this Quantal Quetzal, doesn't actually allow me to boot to win7.. for days.

That's how much "I don't like" QQ and that's the reason why Windows7 is the last Windows version I'll ever use - again.
      Unless something is dramatically about to change, but.. I merely doubt that.
      Last edited by Bald.Penguin; Feb 12, 2013, 06:09 PM.
      "If women are able to fake orgasm, we are than able to fake the whole relationship."

Comment

Working...
      X