This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now my "Link to location (URL)" icon gets changed after 1 second

I have a samba shared folder on my laptop. On my Kubuntu desktop I made a "Link to location (URL)" in a home sub folder to the samba share and it worked as expected. After that I deleted the link and made another link to the same location in my home folder, everything is still working fine, but now every time I access my folder in Dolphin the link's icon gets changed after about a second or less from the default network icon (or whatever icon I set it too) to a text document icon.

This is the link's text :

[Desktop Entry]
    Icon=network-workgroup
    Type=Link
    URL[$e]=smb://user-1005ha/Network/

I'm assuming this is not a network problem, but I might be wrong too. Any ideas ?

Edit: I'm using KDE 4.8.5 and Kubuntu 12.04 and Dolphin 2.0

Edit: I just tried making a new link or copying the same link to other folders in my home folder and it always works and the icon stays the one I chose, it seems the problem only occurs when the link is in my home folder. : O
    Last edited by levesque; Feb 07, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Sorry for my mistake, I posted in the wrong sub-forum : 12.04 / post installation, I intended to post under 12.04 / Software

Is it possible to have my post moved to the appropriate thread ?

Thanks,
    Marc

Edit: I'm curious why my question was moved to Newbie / Help the new guy.
    Last edited by levesque; Feb 07, 2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

After some more testing, using the panel and my two monitors on my desktop computer :

On my regular-non-widget desktop/monitor the icon is what I want it to be.
      On my widget style desktop/monitor the icon gets set to a gear.
      On my panel the icon gets set to a gear.

And the I tried turning off text icon preview in dolphin and now my home folder link keeps the right icon.

The other places, panel and desktop, still show a gear but for my practical purposes the problem is solved!

Comment

Working...
      X