This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I post a pic of my desktop?

I have noticed how some posts include images. In an ongoing post of mine, the suggestion was made to post a screenpprint of my desktop. I have an image of how it currently looks and how I want it to look, but I do not know how to transfer the images to the post. One image is an acceptable size, less than 1mb, the other is 1.5mb, but when I attempted to compress it, it stayed at 1.5mb. I used 7zip. Thanks for any help you provide.

See my reply in your other thread: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post321490
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I usually upload my pics to a different site to try to save Kubuntu Forums disk space. Then I simply copy the image link to my post. http://imgur.com/ is what I usually use. http://imageshack.us/ also works well, but I think you have to register to use it now.

Comment

hi,

i use Ksnapshot to take the picture. then posit it to picasa. set the view permissions on picasa to public then use the link button in the tool bar at the top to add the link. put the text you want to display as the link between the ] and [.
        Last edited by oznola; Feb 04, 2013, 07:09 PM.
        “The door to the cabinet is to be opened using a minimum of 15 Kleenexes.” ~Howard Hughes

Linux 3.5.0-21-generic, KDE 4.9.4, Plasma Netbook,
        Grand Unified Bootloader (Grub) 0.97-29ubuntu66 (Legacy version)

Dell MINI 9, Intel Dual Core Atom (2x) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bits,
        STEC PATA 32GB SSD on IDE Bus, 2Gb RAM.

Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

Comment

OK so you take a screenshot with the print screen button and Ksnapshot ,,,,,now how to post it ?

you can click the insert image button at the top of the post text box , click the from computer tab in the insert image box that pops up,select files,navagate to your screenshot select it and click upload and upload a shot to the forum from you computer and get this
          Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	640257

or first upload the screenshot to a photo hosting website like photobucket or picasa web then chose the from URL tab and get this

Name:	desktop2.jpg
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	640258

or when you get to the part of you text where you want the screen shot to go type a [ followed by IMG then ] paste the URL of the screen shot then a [ followed by/IMG]

and get this

or just post the URL for people to click
          https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-V...0/desktop2.png

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            I am getting the same advice from Vinny, however I don't see a "post image icon" on my reply container. What I see is "
            Blog this Post", "Reply", "Reply With Quote" and "a s,a;; icon that was on so briefly I am not sure what it represents, excepting I thought I might have seen something about multi-post". I went to the link that you just posted, and it refers to a "post image icon"; I must be blind but I don't see it. Like I say, Vinny suggested same and showed images of his desktop, but both of you are talking about an icon that I just don't see. I hate being this stupid, but I can't send you an image of this page to show you what I am looking at that differs from what you are seeing either. I guess I will just have to live with it. Does the icon you see appear anywhere near those items I describe? Is there any way you or another administrator can view what I see on my forum screen to see if it is missing? Thanks again for your patience. Maybe that is something Q gave the two of you and skipped me. He is a bit impish.

Comment

Click on "Reply." this will open up a Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread. From there, click on the small Picture icon in the tool panel. The tool tip when you hoover your mouse over the icon says "Insert Image." A new dialog box will open where you can either upload an image from your computer or enter a url of an image already on the internet.

Comment

Dear whathefunk, I would click on the icon, but none of the formatting bar shows on my reply screen. When I open clicking on 'reply', the 'quick reply' window opens for the response. Using the private messages option I requested additional help, but no answer yet. Your response to this post is perfect I wish my screen looked like your screen. Does everyone get the same web page configuration. I looked for a settings, preferences, option for the site, but it doesn't seem to exist. Haven't tried anything like picasa or webbucket, so I guess I will have to look into that.. It is a shame though, it would a great feature on the forum. Thanks for trying, my friend.

Comment

I found the solution. Shoot, I forgot now how to get there, but there is a configuration page where the user chooses how they want their site to respond. One option includes the formatting panel. I clicked on that offer and voila here it on my page too. The whole reason for wanting it is as follows:Click image for larger version

Name:	MyPreferred desktop.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	640259Click image for larger version

Name:	ScrewedDesktop.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	640260

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
                    I found the solution. Shoot, I forgot now how to get there, but there is a configuration page where the user chooses how they want their site to respond. One option includes the formatting panel. I clicked on that offer and voila here it on my page too. The whole reason for wanting it is as follows:[ATTACH=CONFIG]3965[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3966[/ATTACH]
                    LOL the ,,,,,right pick ,,,the one you have named ScrewedDesktop is a search and launch containment ,,,,,, it is a feature you can chose .

right click the desktop>click default desktop settings>click unlock widgets> the top dropdown box is what you want click it and the chose default desktop,,,,,

Name:	desktop3.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	640263

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

It is not easy being me. I should have known that, shouldn't I? No need to reply. Thanks. It was very important to me. Every time I saw it, I cringed. I think the artist that made that image did a bang-up job. I have used it for a long time, I like it so much. Thanks to all who helped.

Comment

Working...
                      X