X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to remove the package "Kino".

Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.8.5

I get the following error message Another application seems to be using the package system at this time. You must close all other package managers before you will be able to install or remove any packages. I opened ksysguard and closed the entry Muon, but I could not see any other package managers listed. TIA for any help.

what ,,,, if any,, is the error you get if you use apt-get to remove it ,,,,,,like
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove kino
    ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

If Muon is not running and there are no other instances of apt running, you likely have a stale lock file that didn't get removed (it happens).

Open a console and type:
      Code:
      ls -la /var/cache/apt/archives && ls -la /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/
      You might have one lock file under /var/cache/apt/archives, and if you do, it might have an older creation date. If you have another in /var/cache/apt/archives/partial, that is likely the one that is stale. In any case, both can safely be removed while in the console, just type:
      Code:
      sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock && sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/lock
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X