This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password now required at login - help me to remove the need

In a moment of madness, I installed PYSDM (I was having trouble with accessing new partitions, please see other posting). It came with a lot of other stuff, including GNOME keyring or similar (I only caught a glimpse). I deleted PYSDM, as it didn't help.

However, when I log-in noe, it still asks me for a password, as follows

"Enter your administrative password" with the information "system-config-samba lets you configure....)

I've also deleted "system-config-samba" - that didn't help either.

Can someone help me remove this demand?

In system settings there is an option to start an empty session rather then (the default of) restoring the last session.

Comment

Sorry, james147, but this is all new to me. Can you point me towards this setting?

Thanks

Comment

I believe james147 is refering to this:

Click on System Settings. Under System Administration click on Startup and shutdown.
        When the window opens click on Session Management. Under the On Login section where your choices are Restore previous session, Restore manually saved session, and Start with an empty session, Click on Start with an empty session.

Click on apply at the bottom, and reboot. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyjack View Post
          Sorry, james147, but this is all new to me. Can you point me towards this setting?

Thanks
          system settings>start up and shut down>session management ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
          when you say you "deleted" 2 programs what exactly do you mean?

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            system settings>start up and shut down>session management ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
            when you say you "deleted" 2 programs what exactly do you mean?

VINNY
            Sorry if I seem stupid. What I did was to de-install PSYDM (and another, can't remember what) as installing it caused the problem in the first place. This didn't help, so I laboriously de-installed all the other programs that PSYDM brought with it as pre-reqs. That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions

Comment

Working...
            X