Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to re-install LibreOffice and see how it works now. I have AbiWord installed and it has worked OK so far. I like the sound of ThinkFree Office though, if it is lightweight yet works OK.
    Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
    Yes, OpenOffice has been replaced by LibreOffice. You can also try kWrite, or if you really want simplicity- you could just use GoogleDocs or ThinkFree Office

Comment

Thanks James. I think I will reinstall LibreOffice again first. If it works now, I will be with the mainstream that way. Thanks for your input, my friend.
      Originally posted by james147 View Post
      You forgot KDEs Calligra Suite (formally koffice)

Comment

Thanks Oshunluvr, I am still downloading it as I reply. It sounds like the consensus of opinion is that I should return to LibreOffice. I am a bit overwhelmed. with so many choices. I still haven't caught up with responses for the posted help on the issue. Thanks again friend.
        Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Newest OpenOffice 3.4.1 US-English Debian 64bit here.

You have to manually install the .debs but I think it includes a text file with instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
          It sounds like the consensus of opinion is that I should return to LibreOffice. I am a bit overwhelmed. with so many choices.
          I'll concur with the other recommendations to use LibreOffice. Not only does it receive regular updates, but its presence in the Ubuntu repository makes it easier to install and keep updated. The extra hurdles to install software not in the repository will always create more work for you.

Comment

Working...
          X