Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, one other item that's relevant to the topic: Adobe has withdrawn all support for Flash on Linux. At some point, we simply won't be able to have a Flash plugin that works, because as Linux distributions continue to evolve, it will become increasingly likely that the Flash binaries in older repositories won't work. Something to keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Also, one other item that's relevant to the topic: Adobe has withdrawn all support for Flash on Linux. At some point, we simply won't be able to have a Flash plugin that works, because as Linux distributions continue to evolve, it will become increasingly likely that the Flash binaries in older repositories won't work. Something to keep in mind.
      Oh great, a Flash 'cliff', who knew Adobe would be the death of Linux on the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Isn't there anything open source?
        Rob

Comment

html5 will be taking over and we have support for that ,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            html5 will be taking over and we have support for that ,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
            Are there any known issues? Can we start using it now?
            Rob

Comment

http://www.808.dk/?code-html-5-video

do you see it ?
              basically it boils down to is it being broadcast in html5 and dose your browser support it ,,,,,,,,I think

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

do you see it ?
                basically it boils down to is it being broadcast in html5 and dose your browser support it ,,,,,,,,I think

VINNY
                Cool vinny, thanks for the link, it looks like Firefox is the browser to stick with, going by the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Robtygart View Post
                  Isn't there anything open source?
                  Three options:

* Gnash
                  * Lightspark
                  * Shumway

Gnash is dead, but unfortunately doesn't realize this fact yet. Lightspark tries to keep itself more up-to-date, but still has problems with some YouTube videos. Shumway might be the most promising, but is still pretty new.

Comment

do you see it ?

VINNY
                    So is there a package I can download?
                    Rob

Comment

So is there a package I can download?
                      ? I dont understand the question ,,,,,,could you not see the vid ?

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

? I dont understand the question ,,,,,,could you not see the vid ?

VINNY

Oh! DUH.... I get it lol, yes I see the video. I guess a better question would be. Is this a package in Linux "HTML5" or is this apart of your browser "Firefox" and will websites need to add anything to allow it like "Youtube"?
                        Rob

Comment

HTML is the markup language used by web servers to send content to web browsers. Version 5 includes native support for audio and video streaming, eliminating the need to use plugins. Although the framework has been around for a while now, uptake has been slow because of copyright issues around codecs and incomplete format/container specifications. These issues have mostly been resolved now. Plus, Adobe and Microsoft have shown increased appetite for HTML5 and are abandoning, at various rates and with varying enthusiasm, support for their own proprietary formats.

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve. I would like to see something better then Adobe.
                            Rob

Comment

Oh! DUH.... I get it lol, yes I see the video. I guess a better question would be. Is this a package in Linux "HTML5" or is this apart of your browser "Firefox" and will websites need to add anything to allow it like "Youtube"?
                              yes it is just whether your browser supports it or not ...... I think that youtube dose or will be supporting it . their are code examples on that page for righting it in to the web page , it is up to whoever rites youtubes web page to right it in ...as far as I can tell that is

VINNY
                              OOPS missed steves post
                              16GB RAM

Comment

yes youtube dose suport it https://www.youtube.com/html5 I just opted in

stay tuned for my trial of posting a html5 vid on my apache2 server ,,,,,,,,if it works ? LOL
                                if it dose it will only be available wile I on line of course

VINNY
                                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X