Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I am making this request.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe I am making this request.

Kubuntu 12.10
    KDE 4.9.3

Is it possible to install Windows 7 on my Kubuntu PC in a dual boot configuration without removing and reinstalling Kubuntu 12.10 64bit? I want to do so for the express ability to play Netflix on my primary PC. I have an AMD quad core processor, so I am able to run 32bit applications even though my primary is 64 bit. Is it possible to install 32bit Windows 7 while dual-booting Kubuntu 64bit? Probably a stupid question, but I don't know the answer. Apparently Netflix only works on 32bit systems.

After about 20 years of Linux, I recently acquired a laptop (gift from my daughter) that has Windows Vista. I have come to enjoy the Netflix program. After all these years, I can't believe how antiquated a Windows OS seems. With a dual-core, 2300mhz processor, the lag time for making things happen is so slow, I just can't get used to it. The thought of purchasing something so inefficient make me feel stupid, but it appears the only way to have the application I want. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Please -- don't dual boot. Instead, use Virtual Box and install Windows in a virtual machine. And yes, you can run a 32-bit guest operating system on a 64-bit host.

Comment

you can have netflix on your Kubuntu,,,, http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...12-10-or-12-04

but yes you can have a 32bit os and a 64bit on the same box.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I may be too stupid to do this. I have tried to create VB before and failed. I can't remember now the reason, but it was such a problem, I finally abandoned the project. Can you point me to a manual or help where the creation is much like filling in the boxes? I would like to try again. Thanks!

Comment

The Ubuntu community wiki is often an excellent starting point for this kind of information.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualBox

Comment

Working...
          X