Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When activity is not present, my monitor suspends. Desktop PC.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When activity is not present, my monitor suspends. Desktop PC.

Kubuntu 12.10 64 bit
    KDE 4.9.3

When I am watching a movie on my monitor and not using the mouse to generate notice of activity, the monitor suspends after a period of time; I have to move the mouse to continue viewing the film. I suspect this is an energy conservation feature. I am energy conscious and do not leave my computer on when I am not using it and would like to be able to disable the feature, while viewing a movie.

My computer is a desktop PC, and those energy conservation features indicated in system settings appear to affect laptops, with no mention of desktop computers. Is this the only area where the feature is addressed? Thanks!

Verify that you do not have the default (blank) screen saver activated.

System Settings > Display and Monitor > Screen Saver > Settings > Start automatically after: (uncheck this if checked).

Also ensure that:

System Settings > Power Management > Energy Saving > On AC Power > Screen Energy Saving is unchecked.

You can also set:

System Settings > Power Management > Activity Settings > Desktop > Act like PC running on AC power
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Solved

Perfect solution. Thanks again, my friend. You are awesome.

Comment

Working...
      X