X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove facebook plasma widget ?

System Spec is as follows,,,
    Hardware,,,
    Dell MINI 9, Intel Dual Core Atom (2x) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bits, Max Speed 1600
    Hard-drive STEC PATA 32GB SSD on IDE Bus.
    also i am showing a "28.5GB "Platform" disk also on the Bus. what is this device please? it must be virtual and i have not seen it before kubuntu ran this device.
    Memory 1GB RAM, 1GB Swap
    Grapics Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

Software,,,
    Linux 3.5.0-21-generic, KDE 4.9.4, Hostname eartha,
    Grand Unified Bootloader (Grub) 0.97-29ubuntu66 (Legacy version)

hi,

how do i remove the facebook plasma widget please? right-click with the mouse does not give the remove option.
    “The door to the cabinet is to be opened using a minimum of 15 Kleenexes.” ~Howard Hughes

Linux 3.5.0-21-generic, KDE 4.9.4, Plasma Netbook,

Dell MINI 9, Intel Dual Core Atom (2x) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bits,
    STEC PATA 32GB SSD on IDE Bus, 2Gb RAM.

Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

If it has been installed by the packagemanager then you need to use that to remove it, open your favorite package manager and search for it.

You can only remove plasmoids that you have installed to your home directory using your method (ie by the install plasmoid option on the panel)

Comment

i got it!!

it's a modal thing i had to click on the cashew and then i got the "remove widget" option with a right click.

thank you again james147.
      “The door to the cabinet is to be opened using a minimum of 15 Kleenexes.” ~Howard Hughes

Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

Comment

Right-click on the desktop and select "unlock widgets".

If the plazmoid is on the panel, right-click on the icon and select "remove". If the plazmoid is on the desktop, move the cursor to either side of the plazmoid. A bar will appear. Click on the X and it will be removed. Finally, right-click on the desktop and select "lock widgets"

Comment

thank you for the other options shabakthanai.

it's good to know more than one way of doing something and with computers? there almost always is.

Comment

Working...
          X