This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant connect to wireless internet

I cant connect to the internet from kubuntu 12.04. It says setting network address, but just stays at this stage for a while and then gives up. I can connect fine from the windows partition on the same laptop.

Are you running a stock Kubuntu 12.04, or did you attempt to replace the NetworkManager with WICD?

When that happens open your configuration dialog and re-enter the password, click OK and attempt to reconnect.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I did replace networkmanager with WICD, but it found it even worse, so i switched back. I've tried deleting the network from the list of networks, and then re-adding it but it didn't fix the problek

Comment

Originally posted by Falc7 View Post
        I did replace networkmanager with WICD, but it found it even worse, so i switched back. I've tried deleting the network from the list of networks, and then re-adding it but it didn't fix the problek
        when you switched back did you remove WICD ,,,you can not have both . purge wicd and all of it's parts and restart

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          when you switched back did you remove WICD ,,,you can not have both . purge wicd and all of it's parts and restart

VINNY
          Yep I did that, completely removed. I can connect to my university house wireless fine, its just this network I can connect to.
          Last edited by Falc7; Dec 25, 2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I asked about switching to WICD (or back) because often not ALL of the NetworkManger files are removed, even though you may think they are, which causes that problem. That not only includes "networkmanger" but everything that starts with "network-manager-", netapplet, plasma-widget-networkmanagement. I install everything that begins with wicd except the two kde clients, otherwise you'll get two wicd network manager icons in your system tray.

AND - BE SURE you make these changes while connected to the Internet with an eth0 cable connection, not a wireless one.
            Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 26, 2012, 05:00 PM.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X