This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several minor issues

Hello. I've been using Ubuntu for several years and switched to Kubuntu several weeks ago. KDE is awesome, but I have several problems I hope you could help me with:

1. I want kontact to be started and hidden to system tray automatically. There must be a way but I failed to find one.

2. Task manager "Highlight windows" feature. Is there any way to turn transparency off when you use it?

3. Music player. I tried amarok which I found unstable and juk. Juk is ok but I want to rate my songs and there no rating support in Juk. Please, make your suggestions of good kde music player. I need music library support and rating support. Nepomuk support is a strong bonus. I used to play music with "Banshee" player but it's a gtk application and it lacks of kde integration.

Welcome to KFN.

Maybe how to make programs that autostart at login start hidden?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What do you find unstable about amarok? and what version of KDE/amarok are you using?

Comment

Showhog, I've tried both "ksystraycmd --hidden kontact" and "kstart --iconify kontact" and it does not work. Yes, it launches kontact minimised but it keeps button on taskbar visible.

"kstart --iconify --skiptaskbar kontact" does the trick indeed but there is some inconsistency with this solution: kontact starts hidden in systray, but when you clicking icon and application window appears, there is still no button in taskbar. And if you close window again and open it second time, then button in taskbar appears. This is one thing.

Here is another: I tried to add "kstart --iconify --skiptaskbar kontact" entry to autostart and on next login kontact launched not minimised. Konversation started minimised instead, another application I have in autostart. As I said, inconsistency. So I keep looking for options.

james147, I'm using kubuntu 12.04 with kde 4.9.4 from kubuntu backports ppa. Amarok crashed several times while scanning my collection and then while playing music. I'm not really amused with the interface too. You know, small things. Rating songs from systray icon pop-up menu for example. Yeah, I can always return to banshee despite of its lack of kde integration but I decided to ask here first. Maybe there is kde/qt player with all this features and I just don't know it exists. I'm not very familiar with kde/qt applications.

Comment

Clementine is forked from previous favourite version of Amarok. Maybe you should try this.

Comment

Working...
          X