This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimp Problem (shouldn't be a biggie)

Not sure of how I did it but, part of the toolbox disappeared, and I'd sure like to get it back ! It's the part which allows you to select the transparency for your gradient fills, and further alterations with things like bucket fill etc..

So, where's Waldo ?! And how do I get em' back ?

Doug

Re: Gimp Problem (shouldn't be a biggie)

Try grabbing that little bar just below the three blocks there and dragging it downwards. I'm no Gimp expert so don't get mad when I'm wrong about this one.

I can't draw a straight line with 2 rulers side by side. I surely don't know much about Gimp

Comment

The only thing I can grab and drag is the bottom of the toolbar, and that's only to resize. That little bar isn't able to be grabbed unfortunately. But when the mouse pointer is hovering over it, a message pops up saying "You can drop dockable dialogues here". But that's about it. Good try though. BTW, I tried signing up to LFD, but when I put in my activation # and email address, it did absolutely nothing, and wouldn't recognize my info.

Anyone else familiar with the Gimp ?

Comment

Shameless BUMPAGE ! Still can't find that panel ! Heeeeeeelp !

Comment

You can drag&drop tooltabs on the empty space...to get the original tab back, follow these steps:

1. goto File|Windows|Tool Setting
          (This should open a new window with the tab you want)
          2. Drag&Drop that tab to the main window
          (You have to drop it on the small horizontal bar that's below the 'chosen colors' and 'brush, pattern and gradient selection'

Comment

Damn, I was beginning to think I'd never get an answer for that one ! Thanks man. So you know though, under file, there is no Windows /tool settings option. What it is, is dialogue, and then either create new dock, or tool options. Tool options is the precise dock I was missing. But it can also be re created with create new dock. It's also good to be able to have all the docks you want in tabs on the same dock, makes things easier.

Thanks so much. It's certainly appreciated.

Regards,
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
              Thanks man. So you know though, under file, there is no Windows /tool settings option. What it is, is dialogue, and then either create new dock, or tool options. Tool options is the precise dock I was missing.
              Ah, wasn't using english interface so it was a translation error on my part, glad you found it anyway :P

Comment

Working...
              X