This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Browser ?

What file browser is this ? And how can I get Dolphin to work instead ?
    Kubuntu 12.04
    KDE 4.8.5
    apt-cache policy nautilus
    nautilus:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu5
    Version table:
    1:3.4.2-0ubuntu5 0
    500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main i386 Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    1:3.4.1-0ubuntu1 0
    500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
    Attached Files

It's not a file browser, but a file picker. it looks to be a Gnome/Gtk one. You can't really change this as the program is using the toolkit's own built-in method of picking files.

The exact opposite happens when running a KDE program in a Gtk/Gnome/Unity/Xfce/Etc environment.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      The exact opposite happens when running a KDE program in a Gtk/Gnome/Unity/Xfce/Etc environment.
      Except qt based programs adapt better to their native environment

Comment

Kmenu>Settings>System Settings>Workspace Appearance and Behavior>Default Applications>File Manager> Then tic Dolphin

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
          Kmenu>Settings>System Settings>Workspace Appearance and Behavior>Default Applications>File Manager> Then tic Dolphin
          That is not the issue, the issue is the file picker dialog not being the kde one not that dolphin is not the file manager. Dolphin has nothing to do with the file picker dialog, they just behave similar.

Comment

Some programs have a KDE integration package that lets you use the KDE file picker even in GTK programs or other toolkits. Good examples of program with KDE integration packages: Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, Libre Office.

Comment

Working...
            X