X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu > Kubuntu

Hello everybody,

I used Ubuntu 12.04 like for a few months untill Unity f@#!! me off and then I started to search something new and cool and found Kubuntu. So I'v decided to create LiveUSB, installed it, after installion in order I had to reboot, I made it without any problems, the first journey was great.Later I turned off my laptop, went sleep and suddenly today it doesn't boot anymore. I see first of all grey screen, then comes Kubuntu logo, it loads, loads and then I see only black screen, a lil bit brighter than usually, but it doesnt boot. God bless me I kept my LiveUSB and now using exactly Kubuntu 12.04 from it. But how and why that happend?

DELL Latitude D610
    2GB RAM
    Intel 915GM (integrated video)
    Intel Pentium M 1,8Ghz
    Ubuntu 12.04 32bit > Kubuntu 12.04 32bit

The best thing to do is to boot Kubuntu in verbose mode. Not sure how you would select verbose but on Ubuntu answers it men tions you can hit the Esc key at any time during boot to display the commands during boot. It should then tell you at what stage it is hanging (or failing to load).

Hope this helps you solve the issue.

Comment

Try VESA drivers.

Comment

Black screens are usually video card related. What card and drivers do you have? Did you install any proprietary drivers?
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Another tip that frequently works for me when faced with similar problems, I boot with the startup USB and select "try kubuntu". After my desktop loads, I find the repository online for "boot-repair". I believe it is the 'yannubuntu' repository (if you just type in 'boot-repair for kubuntu' in your search engine it will find it. Follow the online instructions and run it. When I first started using Kubuntu, I was also trying out other distros and was frequently corrupting my grub loader, I found if I ran 'boot-repair' from whichever distro's start up disk I wanted it usually cleared up the problem.

p.s. Welcome to Kubuntu forums!

Comment

Working...
          X