This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On login I always get desktop no.4

I have the cube animation enabled (and show widgets on all desktops). How can I change settings to always show my main desktop no.1 when I login ?
    Saving session does not do it.

Kubuntu 12.10 64 bit
    Last edited by weha; Dec 07, 2012, 11:11 AM.

Not sure this is directly possible, but I think you can create a small script to switch to desktop 1 and set it to run during login.

The script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    qdbus org.kde.kwin /KWin org.kde.KWin.setCurrentDesktop 1

Comment

Mine comes up in the same desktop it was in when I shut down. Does this not happen for you?

I too am using 12.10 64 bit.

Frank.
      Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
        Mine comes up in the same desktop it was in when I shut down. Does this not happen for you?

I too am using 12.10 64 bit.

Frank.
        Yes, it used to, but with all the fiddling I did Here, something probably got screwed up.

Comment

Yes, it used to, but with all the fiddling I did Here, something probably got screwed up. :smile:
          Ah. Yeah, been there, done that, messed it up.... I feel your pain.

One should be able to install several distros on the same disk, but in practice, if something does go wrong, it can be a sinkhole for time and effort to sort it out again. My policy pretty much ever since has been one machine, one distro. I don't even dual boot any more. Machines are cheap, especially used ones. If I need Windows on an otherwise full Linux box, I use a VM, or WINE to run the odd Windows app that has no Linux native equivalent. And I don't experiment on my production machine. I have a separate box with swappable hard drive for that.

All of this to say that you're way over my head with this one. I only noticed the other threads you have going here after I had answered you on this one. Sorry I can't be of help after the fact. I only hope my suggestions save you some pain in the future.

Frank.
          Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Working...
          X