This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot to clipboard automatically?

Hi, when using Cinnamon or Mac, I was able to hit Ctrl+Shift+PrintScreen and a selection box would pop up. The clipboard would automatically be filled with the selection. Part of my daily work is rapidly taking lots of screenshots like this, so it is a pain to add extra clicks. I just switched to Kubuntu, and I am surprised this is not default functionality. Right now I am opening Ksnapshot and clicking through menus and such to reproduced this functionality and it is too much. I tried scrot, but it does not copy to clipboard. What can I do to set up my system like it was before? Thank you.

When ksnapshot is running, and has focus, you only need to press "N" to take the shot, and then Alt-A to save. Is that not the kind of behavior that you are looking for?

Comment

just hit printscreen and when ksnapshot opens press ctrl+c ,,,,,it is now coped.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you for the comments so far, however I do not find the following key combination:

Print Screen
        N
        *select with mouse*
        Enter
        Ctrl+C
        *swith to window I want to give focus to*
        Ctrl+V
        *switch to Ksnapshot*
        Esc

To be very acceptable, considerly I could previous accomplish the same with just

Ctrl+Shift+PrintScreen
        *select with mouse*
        Ctrl+V

Comment

you can get close ,,,,,you will half to open ksnapshot (printscreen)and click the dropdown box on capture mode and set the moad you like freehand , rectangular ,,,,,then whenever you launch ksnapshot with the printscreen button it will open with this option then it's just ctrl+c to copy after you select and hit enter ,,,,,,,so it's
          printscreen
          *select with mouse*
          enter
          ctrl+c

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Code:
            Usage: ksnapshot [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options]
              -c, --current             Captures the window under the mouse on startup (instead of the desktop)
              --fullscreen              Captures the desktop
              --region                  Captures a region
              --freeregion              Captures a free region (not rectangular)
              --child                   Captures a part of windows
            - Right click the menu > edit menus (or run kmenuedit)
            - Find ksnapshot
            - Edit the command and add the option above that you want to it.

Now when you launch ksnapshot it will take a snapshot using the given configuration.

Note also that you can drag and drop the screenshot preview into the application you want.

Also, if you are taking allot of screen shots then you don't have to close ksnapshot every time. Ksnapshot also makes it easier to create the screenshot you want rather then having to edit the screenshots after if you only want a small region of a window this alone can save you allot of time if you need to take allot of screen shots.
            Last edited by james147; Dec 04, 2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Here is my solution.

I am using Shutter. I have created a shortcut key for `shutter -s`. It is a bit slow to load, and I have to keep the daemon running, but it seems to work fine.

Comment

Working...
              X