This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu won't boot

I was using Kubuntu fine yesterday and for days prior. I made some changes to my ATI drivers and display settings, but had rebooted many times after and no changes since. Today when I try to boot to Kubuntu, it will get past the loading, configuring network connections, etc. Then it comes to a screen with the blue "Kubuntu" and stops. I let it sit for about 5 minutes but it didn't do anything. It used to just go to the login. If I hit ctrl + alt + del it will say stopping services, etc. and reboot.

Please help.

Thanks,

Traigo

Re: Kubuntu won't boot

Try this fix and let us know if it works.

Comment

Have you downloaded any recent updates, are you or have you tried using "fglrx", and what version is your card?
      After a recent update I had intermittent loading problems with a mobility radeon 9000. I read somewhere that this is a problem with all ATI cards below 9200 or something. To fix I switched from the ATI drivers to fglrx following the directions here...

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

That fixed the loading problems but caused some video playback problems I fixed by replacing my original "libGL.so.1.2" file with an older version I found here...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185033

If you try this route, after you finish, use the "glxgears" command in a terminal to see if everything looks like it worked.

Comment

I think I know what the problem is. It won't boot with my monitor connected. I have an ATI mobility radeon x1300. If I connect my monitor and boot, it won't come to the GUI. If I disconnect and boot, it will. I was able to get back into the system but now my wireless card isn't working. I give up for the moment. I'll fight with it later.

Comment

Working...
        X