This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver Webcam Logitech QuickCam Express in Kubuntu 12.10

As a driver I can install my Logitech QuickCam Express webcam in Kubuntu 12.10

Have you checked to see if there is a proprietary driver that is identified that can be activated?

K Menu > System > Additional Drivers
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

not really, I connect the webcam and then try if there is one?

Comment

I do not see anything

Comment

Open a console and type: lsusb

Copy and past the output in you reply.

Comment

apparently not detected

eden@eden-MS7255:~$ lsusb
            Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
            Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
            Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            eden@eden-MS7255:~$

Comment

A quick google search finds this: http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/ which may be of help.
              sigpic
              "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
              -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I don't think so, given that the webcam isn't even registered by lsusb.

Comment

did not work

Comment

I don't think so, given that the webcam isn't even registered by lsusb.
                    That makes me think the webcam is broken! It should at the very least just show something.

He could just try dmesg straight after plugging the usb in. That could also give us a little insight.
                    Last edited by dmeyer; Nov 22, 2012, 08:31 PM. Reason: Fixed my poor formatting

Comment

I think there may be a conflict with bluetooth, because when the plug now, and type the command lsusb I get the following:

eden@eden-MS7255:~$ lsusb
                      Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
                      Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:08af Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Easy/Cool
                      Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                      Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                      Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                      Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                      Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                      eden@eden-MS7255:~$

que puede estar pasando, que en ocasiones la detecta y en otras no?

Comment

When so, it works well. I'll watch when you turn on the computer to verify that it has detected the camera before use.

thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Working...
                        X