X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrivener and Kubuntu 12.10

Hi,

I'm new to Kubuntu (and Linux for that matter) and trying to learn the intricacies of this OS.
    One road block that I'm facing right now is the refusal of the writer's program Scrivener (for Linux) to run. It installed OK but when I click on the icon nothing happens. Could anyone please guide me how to solve this problem?

Thanks very much.

Canama
    Last edited by Snowhog; Nov 17, 2012, 02:15 PM.

where did you get the linux ver from .........some reading hear and a link to a .deb http://www.literatureandlatte.com/fo...626322a2417b71

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I got Scrivener from L&L, the same you copied here. I tried the suggestions they have posted to no avail. I'm hoping to find a solution here.

Comment

Hmm I just grabbed both the tar.gz and the deb, both work here. The tar I just extracted and dove in to /scrivener/bin and clicked on the 'scrivener' file. It opened fine.

Installing the deb file worked as well, it runs from the menu entry.

There may be a missing dependency that the creator of that deb file missed and I probably simply already have them. It is a i386 binary, so my thoughts are that is what is missing. One way to get them is to install the package ia32-libs which will pull in quite a lot of 32bit compatibility packages. An other way to see what is needed is to run the program using the terminal and seeing what errors it will throw at us, then trying to determine what 32bit packages are the ones needed.

Comment

Working...
        X