This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to WiFi network with WPA-Enterprise

Hi, I just installed Kubuntu 12.10 on my laptop and I intend to use it mainly for school.

We have eduroam network at my university, with following settings:
    Code:
    network name (SSID): eduroam
    authentization PEAP (EAP)
    Security WPA2/AES, WPA/TKIP enterprise
    CA certificate AddTrust External CA Root
    IP address from DHCP server
    Our server, which we connect to, is radius.fit.cvut.cz with username <school_username>@fit.cvut.cz.
    Here is picture of my setup, from KDEs default network manager.

When I try to connect, network manager says "configuring adapter" and after a while asks for my password. This repeats until I stop it. This works on Windows 7, with the same username, same radius server and same password.
    What am I doing wrong?

According to an Eduroam how-to, you need to fill in the anonymous identity field. Please add anonymous@fit.cvut.cz. Also, change the PEAP version to Automatic.

Comment

Thanks, can't try it until monday, since I'm home over the weekend, will report how it went.

Comment

I don't think you need to set the server field as the access points should know where to send the authentication request.

And yes, the anonymous identity is important as it tells the radius servers where to forward your request to. It should not matter what you use as the user name for it though, I tend to just use "@domain.com" as that is the only part the radius server should look at.

Comment

Working...
        X