This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing CVS

I just installed Dapper Drake and I was trying to follow a guide at the Ubuntuforums for getting my USB Wireless Adapter (WUSB11 v2.8). But I can't install CVS. I just get an error that says its not there. What command do I need to type in and where do I need to be to get it to work.

Re: Installing CVS

If you dont have CVS installed then you need to do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cvs
    then go back and follow the guide.

Comment

I did do that command and that is what I'm saying. It says its not there but another program is referencing to it so it might be somewhere or something like that. I would send the exact message but obviously I have no internet service unless I boot from windows.

Comment

You have a Catch 22 situation. CVS is not present on the install CD, you need to download it via the net. Unfortunately, you need CVS to follow the instructions you think you need to get to the net in Linux. My advice, use a different set of instructions.

According to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...CardsSupported the Linksys WUSB11B ver 2 is
        No command-line needed, works perfect the first try. Tested on Dapper Beta 2
        and
        Just choose wireless network in networking, and works.
        for the version 2.8 in Dapper Xubuntu.

Comment

Working...
        X