This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Issues aka Blue Skin of Death

I don't know if this "qualifies" as a Kubuntu topic or not. Recently I have expericenced several You Tube browser issues from within 2 different browsers. I blame the devs of Shockwave Flash. I run chromium and get told that Shockwave Flash plugin has crashed, I Googled the solution to this... disabled the plugin using aboutlugins and it says you need to install Shockwave Flash to view this video. LoL

So I jumped over to my fallback ReKonq, and run the same video now all my warm colors have shifted and people have blue faces. See, you thought my title wouldn't make any sense. Correct me if I am wrong, but I bet You Tube or Shockwave Flash did some kind of upgrade thing a short time ago.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	647899
    Meanwhile all my videos play very natural from my Dragon Player. Not a real "urgent" issue at the moment but I would like to fix this someday soon.

Nvidia card? Right click on video ->Settings -> disable Hardware Acceleration.

Comment

Turn of 'Smurf' mode.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks turning off the Hardware Acc worked!

Comment

Working...
        X