X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob Help

Hey all

Thanks for taking the time to stop over and read my post. Noob here deciding to take the plunge to Linux. I do still like my Windows machine but want to try and get used to Linux so that I can add it to my resume.

So I have a Windows 7 machine that I want to if possible dual boot with Kubuntu 12.04 I was reading some things already online to figure it out and it seems pretty easy but was wondering if its as easy to dual boot?

Thanks

Welcome to KFN. Some reading is recommended. This is written for installing Ubuntu (Gnome Desktop Environment), but can easily be used for Kubuntu. Read it completely, and don't do anything until you understand. Ask questions if you need to.

How to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu side by side
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Will Read

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Welcome to KFN. Some reading is recommended. This is written for installing Ubuntu (Gnome Desktop Environment), but can easily be used for Kubuntu. Read it completely, and don't do anything until you understand. Ask questions if you need to.

How to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu side by side
      I will check it out. Thanks for the information

Comment

I echo what Snowhog says about reading all about the installation process and duel boot systems before you attempt it. The installation process to duel-boot is quite easy but make sure you backup (copy) all your files you want to keep first just in case something does go wrong with the installation.

Happy learning of the Linux system.

Comment

Working...
        X