This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I increase the max of 30 gigs

I am wanting to increase the amount of hdd space from 30 to 100. Is our possible I used the windows installer and it world not let set it beyond 30 even though I have a terabyte hdd. I already have my system setup the way I want and ready for Android development and do not want to go through this again took 4 days to set this all up

Sent from my DROID RAZR CDMA XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe you can. From what I've read, a WUBI install (installing Linux within Windows using the WUBI Installer) has a limit of 32GBs.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

In was hoping this was a tool of done sorts windows side our Linux side that could increase the volume size since it is not a actual partition

Comment

Installing using the Wubi installer is not such a great idea, as it will brake out your installed Kubuntu (among other things), and you won't get the best experience.
        It would be better to install Kubuntu on a separate partition. Boot from the Kubuntu install CD, then you can shrink the Windows partition and create a new partition for Kubuntu. That way, you also won't have the 30 GB limitation.
        Kubuntu Raring Ringtail x64 w/ Kde 4.10.5

Multimedia packages for Kubuntu x64 (x264 10bit, mplayer2, Aegisub etc.)
        http://erokawaii.org/?page_id=5181

My stuff on kde-look.org
        http://kde-look.org/usermanager/sear...ction=contents

Comment

I found this solution @ https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...licateWubiDisk

Comment

Pardon me for saying so, but doing anything through Windows will give you a substandard output every time. Now I will admit to extreme partiality and no knowlege of Wubi whatsoever. With a live install, there is no limit to the size of the partition (that I'm aware of), and you are getting your linux unadulterated. You can use every app that comes with the live install before you install and the kde partition editor is easy and intuitive to use. Considering the preformance loss with Wubi, setting it up as a dual boot system is the way to go.

Comment

I have been using linux off and on for years. My opion is that you should never use windows as your main OS but instead install linux then install windows as a guest OS or make a dual boot system. In my opion running linux from inside of windows is very dumb as Windows is a crape OS!
              Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                I have been using linux off and on for years. My opion is that you should never use windows as your main OS but instead install linux then install windows as a guest OS or make a dual boot system. In my opion running linux from inside of windows is very dumb as Windows is a crape OS!
                Dell will not let me until my year is up on the warranty and I just got it.

Comment

You probably talked to someone that dosn't understand that OS's are software and the warrenty is for hardware. Dell sells linux boxes so they know better but you probably just got some canned answer. Besides Dell computer's usually come with disks so you can reinstall the factory image. That means you can install what you like. You can alwas put it back like new if you ever need to.
                  Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                    You probably talked to someone that dosn't understand that OS's are software and the warrenty is for hardware. Dell sells linux boxes so they know better but you probably just got some canned answer. Besides Dell computer's usually come with disks so you can reinstall the factory image. That means you can install what you like. You can alwas put it back like new if you ever need to.
                    yeah I had I had to remove my own operating system and put the origin several times because they wouldn't touch it unless in had what came with the PC

Comment

I was able to increase my size to 95 gigabytes. This will be more then enough for my Android projects because the 30 gigabyte Partition was almost full just from me installing all my developer tools.

Comment

For the benefit of others, how were you able to do it?
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

https://github.com/bcbc/Wubi-resize

Comment

Thus guy also have other scripts for moving it our of windows and migrating it

Comment

Working...
                            X