X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korundum Conundrum

Hey there Tutti,

Long time Ubuntu/Lubuntu/Bodhi/Xubuntu/Kubuntu user here, trying my hand at a manga reader for plasma active.

I know Javascript fairly well, and I know that QML is the "preferred" dev tool, but I like Ruby so much because of it's well developed eco system, particularly for TDD("If it's not worth testing, then it's not worth writing!").

Running Kubuntu Precise. I have installed korundum, ruby 1.8 through the repositories. I can't get it to run a basic app made using Qt Designer and rbuic4. Whenever I run I get this darned error:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/korundum4.so: libruby.so.1.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/korundum4.so (LoadError)
            from MangaMate/ui/home_ui.rb:10
    I tried creating a symbolic link to /usr/lib/ruby-1.9.1.so.1.9.1. That gets rid of the error, but then it seg faults:

Code:
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby4.rb:2705: [BUG] Segmentation fault
    ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [x86_64-linux]

Aborted (core dumped
    Anyone else have similar problems? I could barely find any mention of korundum on the forum.

Mr. Muskovak, the compiler of the packages, helped me out. So, thank you to him.

I also have RVM installed in my home directory, and when I compiled the qtbindings per the rvm documentation they went into the lib folder. I had forgotten about that, so removing and reinstalling libraries on the system ruby did not help.

SOLVED!

Comment

Working...
    X