This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!Cant install or deinstall some packages

I installed kubuntu 3 hours ago and don't have much experience with linux. when i started the software center i installed jre7. then i tried to install Firefox from the panel and when i get the packages successfully installed message box i click close and nothing happens. the i tried to install it via software center and when i click install it says it will remove following packages : icedtea-6-jre-cacao, default-jre, openjdk-6-jre, icedtea-6-jre-jamvm, openjdk-6-jre-lib, default-jre-headless. Same thing when i try to install eclipse IDE, deinstall jre6 and some other packages. I click OK and then type the password and it kinda crashes(actually goes back to the main screen with a flash). Oh and i get the same firefox install message mentioned above when i install codecs for dragon player. It says codecs successfully installed but when i got to play it want to install the again. I tried rebooting and it didn't help. so...any suggestions?

Edit: Fixed it just run 'sudo apt-get -f install' and it will install missing packages. then you can install apps normally
    Last edited by Guest; Sep 22, 2012, 03:05 PM.

If you've solved the issue can you mark your thread as SOLVED please.

Comment

Working...
    X