Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After installed Nvidia Drivers with Jockey-kde, it shown "activated but not in use"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After installed Nvidia Drivers with Jockey-kde, it shown "activated but not in use"

Hi to all,
    As I put in the title, I am using (testing in other words), Kubuntu 12.10b1 and I found this bug (i hope) after installed the nvidia driver for my Nvidia Card (6200, not onboard). I tried lots of possible solution after reading forums, and still with the same problem. Any idea?

Did you check on Nvidia website for the driver or step by step instruction

Comment

Unless you really need the latest there is no need to go to the nVidia website, there are two versions of the nVidia driver in the repositories and installing one of them via Jockey should really do the trick.

Comment

Nvidia website was the second chance ,after trying the 174 drivers and the 304.43 drivers we have in the repositories (and i tried the others 2 or 3 extra repositories with drivers). But still in the same condition. When I tried the nvidia website and download the last driver official (295.75), and made every step to make it work), it didn't. i uninstall it and return the nvidia-current ones but still on the "activated but not in use" condition.I blacklisted nouveau and others but all goes to the same situation. As you saw, I tried a lot of things before comes here

Comment

Have you by any chance been playing with Bumblebee to get both an nVidia and Intel card play nice?
          Because a few months ago that caused the same error for me, disabling Bumblebee was the solution.

An intermediate solution was to log out (not shut down!) and log back in, this restart of X would enable the driver but only until the next boot...

Comment

not bumblebee, because i made a fresh reinstall of all the OS, And I made a logout and relog, and nothing

Comment

According to the FAQ, Bumblebee is only for nVidia Optimus, which you will find only on laptops. Optimus isn't exactly the same thing as switchable graphics. The nVidia chip isn't connected to any outputs; instead, it performs the GPU calculations and sends the results to the Intel graphics chip, which then displays the output. Check nVidia's whitepaper for more details.

Comment

Working...
              X