This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

performin updates and getting errors

I have tried sudo and mudo when it obtain update, this comes up and doesn't pretain to a certain software. I am trying 12.10 beta1, over all its running great.
    here is the copy of the errors.

Failed to download http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa...source/Sources
    404 Not Found

Failed to download http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa...-i386/Packages
    404 Not Found

I am new, I willing to learn.
    Thanks
    Carey

this post was a duplicate made in error. Administrators please delete this post.

thank you,
    capt-zero
    Last edited by capt-zero; Sep 13, 2012, 05:24 PM. Reason: speeling

Comment

I get those every now and then. I "believe" it represents a broken link to package repositories. It usually doesn't cause any distress and if the programs are working right, then I don't let it bother me. I'm pretty new to Kubuntu and Linux, so I may be quite mistaken. I'm sure some of the wizened veterans will chime in soon. Can't say I have ever heard of the 'mudo' command though.

capt-zero

Comment

In this case, you can ignore the errors. There is no Quantal backports repository yet.

Comment

Hi careyh shupe!

And welcome to a VERY FRIENDLY and HELPFUL forum!!

Please do not be a stranger.

So, a question:

Do you only do sudo apt-get update?

Or do you also then;

Do sudo apt-get upgrade?

woodsmoke

Comment

Thanksfor the replys. Yes, I have tried sudo apt -get update and upgrade. same errors. tried muon software update, same error. I knew as beta os that there going issue. I just didn't know if I did something wrong.
            I haven't mess with update configuration. Thank you again...

Comment

Originally posted by carey shupe View Post
              I knew as beta os that there going issue.
              It isn't really an issue. Like Steve mentioned, you have non-existing repositories in your sources: there is no kubuntu backports ppa for quantal (which you have enabled in your sources...hence the "not found" errors).

For the development version (quantal) there is no need for such a repository (everything basically goes to the main repos).

Comment

Sorry for slow reponse, working around the house. when to configuration and unchecked them two.
                thank you all again.

Comment

Working...
                X