This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azureus

I installed Azureus via one of the repositories and it's not functioning correctly. It dosen't load and the warning message in the system tray won't go away when you click "hide" how do you get this program to function properly under Kubuntu?

Re: Azureus

I have been experiencing the same problem as you.
    I have installed latest versions of Azureus and Java.

It works great except two things:
    1.) I cant hide messages which come in lower left corner using Hide button
    2.) Azureus can't update the plugins, saying that i don't have the permissions to do that

Comment

I have last java and azureus versions from repositories, but, in add of the problems individuatedthe program shuts down inproperly and suddently whithout any message after less than 5 minutes... Please can anyone help or at least introduce an other equivalent working program? Thank you all

Comment

I have noe idea about Azureus since I use Ktorrent. I find that Ktorrent works without faults, so I have never considered changing.

Anyone knows what possible advantages there are to Azureus as compared to Ktorrent?

Comment

Personally, I hated Azureus when I used XP...It was recommended to me when I was looking for a BT client...tried it for a while and just couldnt get it running right. Switched to Utorrent and it sorted my woes. I haven't even tried Azureus in Kubuntu...Ktorrent seems to meet my needs perfectly (once I figured out how to port-forward)...it's much easier to configure than Azureus, and IMO, prettier. As a side note, Azureus used to randomly reboot XP for me too....not sure if this is a similar problem to Pr0m3uz's or just a random XP thing tho.

Comment

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 11:24:23 am »

I have been experiencing the same problem as you.
            I have installed latest versions of Azureus and Java.

It works great except two things:
            1.) I cant hide messages which come in lower left corner using Hide button
            2.) Azureus can't update the plugins, saying that i don't have the permissions to do that
            --------------------------------------------------------
            1- I have same problem
            2- Run azureus like root

Comment

Working...
            X