This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove vsftpd 2.5 and install vsftpd 2.3

Hi all very new here running ehcp and i would like to know how to do the above i have tried manually but keep telling me dependants are missing

thnax dave

Hi and welcome to KFN

[strike]What is ehcp? Not familiar with it.[/strike] Answered by Snowhog!

Do you have vsftpd installed from the ubuntu repositories, or from a downloaded .deb, or what? I can see you've tried something already - what are the error messages?
    Last edited by SecretCode; Aug 14, 2012, 03:40 PM.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

ehcp: Easy Hosting Control Panel
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks!

So it's running as a server?

Comment

yes it is at moment i was running 12.04 but downgraded to 11.10 as ehcp does not like the vsftpd 2.5 gives error so their fix was to remove vsftpd 2.5 to 2.4 or earlier that way there would be no error running ftp on the control panel

Comment

Did you downgrade to 11.10? By reinstalling ... only way I know of to downgrade *buntu?

If you have the 11.10 "oneiric" repositories in your /etc/sources.list you should be able to install vsftpd 2.3.2-3ubuntu5.1, but with the 12.04 "precise" repositories only the later version would be available. You would have to - I think - uninstall vsftpd using apt-get remove, then get hold of the earlier version. See, possibly, Ubuntu 12.04 - Howto downgrade vsftpd? - Server Fault.

Comment

Working...
            X