This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless assistant not working with wep

I launch wireless assistant, it detects my access point fine, but when i enter the WEP key it goes nowhere. it hangs for about 20+ seconds before itsays 'connection failed.' right now i'm using a pretty unreliable preconfigured game adapter, but i'd much rather use my machines wireless card. i tried both open system and shared key, checked it as ascii, nothing worked though

Re: wireless assistant not working with wep

Download KNetworkManager from the repositories using synaptic, adept, or your favorite package intaller. At first, wireless assistant was okay for me, but I kept getting disconnected without being able to reconnect properly using wireless assistant. KNetworkManager has a plethora of options not found in wireless assistant, so give it a try and you will probably be able to do what you need. KNetworkManager also has a nice WIndows-like interface that sits on your tray.

As for configuring your machines wireless card, I am too much of a newbie to help. I know I deviated from your original topic, but am sorry I cannot give you specific help.

Comment

Re: wireless assistant not working with wep

ah thanks, had a little trouble at first but now that works great

Comment

Working...
      X