This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank screen after update

I am actually setting up my Kubuntu on an new and bigger ssd. Everything worked fine. Even the proprietary AMD driver, which i use in the new system because i was experiencing massive lags when scrolling in websites using opera, and massive cpu consumption when watching videos with VLC. My older system does not have the proprietary driver installed.
    Just an hour ago i updated the new system. Along some program updates the kernel was updated from 3.2.0.27 to 3.2.0.29 which i have on my old install as well. But here it comes: after rebooting the screen stayed black. I could get into console mode, but after logging in the screen goes black again. Since i dont have these problem on the install without the proprietary driver, i assume its the ATI driver that causes the problem. So i tried to uninstall it in the recovery console, but when i try apt-get purge fglrx fglrx-modaliases fglrx-amdcccle i get the message that its not installed. But it surely is!

When i try to start the old kernel its the same.

Has anyone an idea how i could get my system back running?
    Last edited by mcflash; Aug 08, 2012, 06:23 AM.

I have finally managed to reinstall the proprietary ATI driver and everything works fine now. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
    X