X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Icon Woes

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I went ahead and installed Kubuntu 12.04 last night and I am loving it. However there is one hair-pulling problem that I am facing:

When I create a shortcut on my desktop the icons have little arrows. This is, for me, perhaps the most annoying thing about this OS! I had the previous version of Kubuntu and these arrows weren't an issue. If I recall they were not even there.

Now, please, can someone tell me in plain speak how to forever remove these most annoying arrows. I have google searched and all I get is hits for how to do this in Windows, but nothing for Kubuntu. I have been all through system settings, right clicked on the icons, and generally played around, but nothing.

If you are good with Linux, I humbly ask that you please try and figure this out for me. I know it's kinda petty, or OCD (or whatever), but these arrows are just...UGHHH!

For the love of microchips HELP ME.

Change your desktop Layout from Folder View to Desktop and your issue will be resolved.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

+ make sure widgets are unlocked before you drag and drop folders/files from dolphin to the desktop and then re lock them when done.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Okay guys, bear with me.

When in desktop view, I lose the functionality to "create new" when I right click. You know the dropdown that you get when you right click to create new folders, Libre office documents, etc.? Yeah, I lose that with desktop view. Even when I go to mouse actions in the options there is nothing for adding the "create new" function to right clicking.

Comment

Haha, nevermind - when I took into account what Vinny said that got me straight. Both of you guys helped a great deal.

Thanks a Ton!

Comment

Working...
          X