X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typing probs?

Hi everyone,

Been dabbling with Linux for the first time and managed to get pretty much everything sorted on my laptop the way I want it. Got a problem though that's really starting to annoy me.

Whenever I'm typing something in any program, there seems to be loads of errors - missed/repeated keypresses - and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. My typing's not perfect by any means, but it's not that bad! Never had any probs in windows either. Gets annoying when you get around to trying to type passwords in...

Googled it and searched your forums, but nobody seems to have mentioned it.

Any ideas? Running Kubuntu 6.06 on an Acer Aspire 1680, completely up to date as of about 5 mins ago.

Thanks for any help,
    Fatty.

Re: Typing probs?

To get rid of repeated keypresses click System Settings>(Hardware) Keyboard and change Delay and Rate. If you unclick "Enable Keyboard Repeat" altogether the cursor will not run when you use the arrow keys.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Typing probs?

Thanks for your reply.

Just tried that, but no luck. Also noticed that at times my cursor movement stutters - won't move for around a second or so. Not as annoying as the typing thing, but wondering if they're related

Comment

Working...
      X